All Internet marketing gurus agree that Google AdWords is an awesome platform that needs to be capitalized on. You are doing your clients or employer no favors if you ignore it. Outbound marketing can be a bit daunting. For example, if you are selling something with a high ticket value, such as a home entertainment system, you want to engage those who are actively seeking the product; anyone else is simply not worth the time or effort. You are going to have a higher success rate when you are able to speak with a market segment whose members ask the question you want to answer. That is the beauty of Google AdWords.
Those who use Google AdWords will employ queries to actively segment themselves. What they type into the Google search engine guarantees you are addressing only those you want to engage, and you as the account manager will pay for the clicks received. On paper, this does more than push awareness but generates a response as well. It is too bad that Pay per Click (PPC) advertising does not always follow the script. We live in an imperfect world and mistakes are going to happen. Here are a few you ought to avoid in your PPC campaigns
- Forgetting the Landing Page. You may have gone the extra mile to craft killer PPC advertising, generating splendid click through rates, optimized everything to the nth degree, and have gotten excellent traffic headed to your web site. That is all very nice, but the landing page better be of high quality. Internet consumers are not in the mood to be bored. If they do not have a delightful experience, they will move on and you will have wasted all of the previous effort. The landing page and the overall user experience is crucial. PPC campaigns are headed for failure if the landing page is the last thing on the account manager’s mind.
- Boring Copy. You do not want to put an Internet consumer to sleep; dull copy puts them in a coma. Granted, you have a challenge in front of you. PPC ads have a limit on the characters, which means you are rarely able to wax poetic. Still, you ignore ad copy at your own peril. The words encourage the click. You must have an encouraging call to action, and have more than one version working for you at all times. You need to be certain the copy is fresh and delivering expected results by monitoring copy on a routine basis, discovering which has the most productive text in the process.
- Forgetting to Check on Things. You have the option to change a campaign’s features while it is in action. Digital marketing will allow you that business privilege and you can fine tune the copy to get great results. With this in mind, you ought to monitor the PPC campaigns you have running. It only takes a few minutes of your time every day. You will be able to discover the high performing keywords and adjust your bidding. You also are able to get rid of those keywords which are costing more than they are worth. PPC campaigns will falter if they are not daily checked.
- Failing to Consider Keyword Matches. This is part of the pre-launch planning. You have to decide if you want exact or broad match keyword setting. Broad match ads can include spelling errors, other relevant and related searches, and synonyms. Exact means precisely that. The exact match ad will surface only when the exact, word for word, phrase is inputted into a Google search. You get to decide what keywords will be used, but be sure to make use of negative keywords to prevent undesired keywords from causing problems.
- Forgetting to Measure. This is not an exact science, but you do need figures to get an idea of performance. You can gather an incredible amount of data form a PPC campaign, and it is sound business to track performance. You can do this easily by linking the AdWords account you have with the Analytics package. This permits you to look at quality scores, click through rates, and conversion rates among things. These are not just interesting statistics. The figures help you better understand keyword performance.